Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Birds Have Left the Eagle's Nest Unharmed

It has been a boring few weeks while I didn't blog. I apologize, but life overtook my ambition for project making for awhile. What I did do, I think I got some photos of so I'll post 'em as I remember 'em.
the goodies minus the cookies
I finally mailed off the goodies for the craft exchangees! I compiled boxes containing a canned good, at least six different kinds of cookies, and a felted soap "stone". Some boxes also contained fabric crane clips that I photographed earlier.
the felted "stones"shaved and sculpted to look like rocks
I boxed everything up at work one night and pretty much covered the living room with bags of this and that



I think they went over well, I did have plans for purses and lunch bags and bike bags and more but my brain was lurching faster than my body was capable of keeping up with and it would have been July before I sent anything off.









I also worked with the grapefruits my cousin gave me. This was a frustrating endeavor.
I brought all my canning gear into work all ready to crank out at least half a dozen pints of grapefruit segments and I start to work. I get through thirteen of the suckers, cutting off the peel, cutting through the membranes and popping out the flesh and what do I get for those thirteen giant grapefruit?
Two measly pints...sigh...
I curse you grapefruit.

For this upcoming week, despite the fact that I'll be very sleep deprived due to work meetings, I have a lot to get done.

Those beautiful lemons need to be taken care of, a lemon jelly is my new thought for them...

I have yet more grapefruit to deal with, and tonight I'm making Blood Orange Marmalade (pictures soon)

I also have to finish the set of burp cloths for my coworker's baby shower next Saturday, they're going to be adorable...for spit-up cloths. Did I make that joke already? Probably.

Anyway, that's what I've been doing, that's what I plan to do and we'll see where that gets me! More pictures next time I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment