Saturday, January 8, 2011

In progress and a kitten's birthday

I have finally started a puppet again.

It has been over a year since I completed one. I can't totally explain why I haven't wholeheartedly hot glued my head off the past twelve months, but I'm back on the right track now I believe. With a request from some lovely Bearded fellows (more on them later), I am pulling together the makings of four or five new talking foam heads!

I haven't quite determined the shape of number four, I'm waffling between a pajama clad little kid, or a hippie. Or a librarian. Or a...oh I have too many ideas.

Anyways, this is the progression of work so far. I build the mouthplate and fingertubes.











Then reinforce with fabric and tons of hot glue!











Cut out the head pieces.










Glue the head together and attach to the mouthplate.















Cut out and build the jaw and attach to the bottom mouthplate.















Then I attached the nose (which I adore) and place the eyeballs.











And apart from cutting some costume pieces, that's as far as I've gotten! But not a bad start.





This Saturday I made a cake for my cousin Sophie's kitten themed birthday party and did some quick makeup on her and her three little friends. See how they turned out!

Aren't they the cutest? Sophie's the one in her pink cat costume I made for Halloween.

Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment