|Helmsley minus lips|
I have essentially finished Helmsley. There is, however, a good chance he will never see a stage floor. I am fairly sure I will dismantle him and reuse him for parts, he's just not up to par and I can't imagine sending him away.
|Helmsley's finished face|
|Summer's bounty 2010|
I also tried my first jar of pickles from this past summer...no good. I thought I was being clever by using Apple cider vinegar since I love the stuff, but it made the pickles sweet and the pickling spices didn't help. All I wanted were some good strong dill pickles, but I suppose I have to have a few failures here and there. Perhaps I will plan out my pickles better this summer, figure out the right way to make koshers, following newer books on preserving pushes towards "gourmet" pickles which are in no way what I want. I want pickles like they keep in huge jars on deli counters, with that great crisp bite. Maybe I'm asking too much. On the upside, my sweet pickle relish is fantastic, it's perfect to add to anything and even though the dice went a little far due to my inexperience with a cuisinart, I like it tons.
I have started to work on some puppets I started last year, they are a set of four puppets all in the same basic shape. They are smaller than most I have made, but I think they will turn out cute and a nice set. I even used some fabric set aside for a vintage project to make a really cute little dress for one, we will see how they survive.
I have also started a new project with felt, but as I am using those for part of my craft exchanges, I can't post too much until I send them away.